New Early Service at Harvest (Strict Health Guidelines)
May 2021 Update: Beginning Sunday, May 30, 2021, the early service will be discontinued.
Update: Beginning Sunday, August 30, 2020, the early service will start at 8:00am. The text of this post has been updated to reflect this new time.
Update 2: Beginning Sunday, November 1, 2020, the 8:00am early service will celebrate the Lord’s Supper on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month. The text of this post has been updated to include this information.
Starting this coming Sunday (June 28, 2020), Harvest Community Church will launch a new worship service time at 8:00am. This new service will be in addition to the normal worship service that we have been holding at 10:30am.
The new 8:00am service will be designed especially for those who are not able to come back to the normal worship service, where larger crowd and lower health guidelines may be unwise for those with COVID-19 related health concerns.
Here are the policies and plans for this 8:00am early service:
- Masks will be required for everyone, for the duration of the worship service (only exceptions: children under the age of 2 and the pastor while he is preaching/leading worship)
- Family groups will be spread as far as possible throughout the sanctuary, to be seated and dismissed by ushers to maintain maximum physical distance
- Limited singing, at the end of the service only.
- Shortened liturgy
- Under one hour in duration, to conclude near 9:00am. This allows for time to get to Sunday School (9:30am), and to give plenty of time to clean and prepare the sanctuary for the 10:30am service
- The Lord’s Supper will be celebrated at the 8:00am service on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month, starting November 1, 2020.
From the survey responses we have received, we anticipate that there will be enough people to make this service worthwhile, but not enough to prevent us from providing adequate physical distance between families.
We are praying that adding this early service will be the first step toward the day when we can all worship freely together again. If you have questions, please contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to see you this Sunday, whether at 8:00am or 10:30am!