Colombia Mission – Take Two
Harvest to the Nations is excited to announce that it is gearing up for another attempt at the planned mission trip to Colombia. As you probably know, a hurricane prevented our team from going last fall. What you may not know is that all tickets were fully refunded and we are now preparing to launch again on May 18th (returning May 28th).
We have a long-standing relationship with two churches in the northern coastal region of Colombia and very much look forward to spending time with both of them. Pastor Rafael Leal is pastor of La Roca (‘The Rock’) church in Barranquilla and Pastor Edison Florez is pastor of Iglesia Reformada Calvary (‘Calvary Reformed Church’) in Santa Marta. Our team will include Kim Vennerstrom, Joy Stevens, Diego and Jairo Silva, Pastor Jacob, and Mike Lueders.
Kim will be exploring ways to more actively engage both churches in Harvest’s Fair-Trade Ministry. Joy will be conducting women’s conferences focused on healing for victims of trauma. Pastor Jacob and Mike will be teaching in men’s conferences and meetings with elders/pastors as well as preaching at various churches. And most importantly, Jairo and Diego will be holding the whole effort together with their amazing translation and organizational skills. We ask that you start praying for the whole Colombia mission team – pray specifically:
- that sufficient funding will be raised to cover expenses (we are still short approximately $1200 – checks can be placed in the offering with an annotation for “Colombia Mission”)
- that skilled female translators will be found to help with the important task of translating for Joy’s trauma conferences.
- for health and strength for our team who will be operating in the hot and humid climate of coastal northern Colombia.
- that the complicated logistics would all work smoothly since we will have a lot of moving parts and will be covering a lot of ground.
- that our time spent with our Colombian brothers and sisters would be fruitful and serve as an encouragement to all and bring glory to God as we partner in gospel ministry.